Find when a message was sent to a specific patient
Patient Reports is a useful tool to research the message history for specific patients and it comes in handy for the use case described below.
Note: The key difference between Patient Reports and View Messages By Patient Name is:
- Patient Reports: Tracks specific messages received by each patient (need the patient name)
- View Messages By Patient Name: A chronological order of messages received and especially useful for searching via phone number or email address
You want to find the messages that were sent to a patient for an appointment. You have a phone number or email address, but you don't know the exact appointment date. In this case, go to Patient Settings > View Messages By Patient Name.
- If all you have is the patient's name, go to Patient Settings > Patient Reports.
- If you have the appointment date and time, go to Message Reports > Facility Reports.
Enter the phone number or email address and a chronological list of the messages will display...
However, we want to access the appointment. The next step is to find the patient in Patient Settings > Patient Reports...
When you've located your patient, you can view all the messages that have been sent to this patient by clicking on the blue bubble containing a number in the Num Msg Sent column...
Pick the message that matches the delivery time prior to the appointment you are researching...
- The appointment time and date display in the top right corner.
- The message correspondence shows the messages sent to the patient and the responses that were received from the patient.
- In the example below, the n indicates a Decline response from the patient and therefore a need to cancel or reschedule the appointment.
Follow the same steps for email messages and select Email Preview to see the message.
Note: The voice phone calls (IVR) are not currently available for playback, but it is a planned feature enhancement.
If you have the appointment date and time, then...
- Go to Message Reports > Facility Reports...
- Enter the appointment date in the Start Time and End Time fields. Follow this link for a more detailed description
- Find your patient in the table...
- Select Log for the history of the appointment details
- Click on the blue bubble in the Num Msg Sent column to see the messages that were sent for that appointment